Semi Truck Insurance Calabasas, California
JDW can shop and compare from many different commercial truck insurance companies to help you control your Semi Truck Insurance cost. We have large list of commercial truck insurance companies we can request quotes from to help you find the best commercial truck insurance rates in Calabasas, California and surrounding areas.
Semi Truck Insurance Calabasas, California
Text or Call JDW for Q&A plus quotes
(plz do not text and drive)
OR use our short commercial truck insurance request form to starting shopping for Semi Truck Insurance quotes today.
List of commercial truck insurance companies.
From one application we can shop & compare commercial truck insurance rates for the top-rated commercial truck insurance companies for you. We will help you find the required commercial truck insurance coverages at affordable rates.
Here are some of the top 10 commercial truck insurance companies which offer commercial truck insurance quotes.
We know trucking and the commercial trucking insurance requirements
- Berkley Prime
- Falls Lake
- Great Lakes
- Allied World
- Ace Hazmat
- ACE Fleet
- United Specialty
- Hudson Fleet
- Tokio Marine
- National General
- Great American
- ACE / Westchester
- National Casualty / Nationwide
- Scottsdale Brokerage
- Crum Forster
- James River
- IFG – Burlington
- Carolina Casualty
Semi Truck Insurance encompasses a large portion commercial truck insurance policies that are written for truckers. Fleet pricing starts at 3 trucks and even more saving starts with fleets with 11 plus trucks. You need an agent that understands the trucking insurance markets. All we offer at JDW is commercial truck insurance. We will explain your options in detail. We answer your questions.
How many trucks can I grow to? Can fast I add and remove truck and/or drivers? How fast can I swap trucks? Can I have owner operators leased on? How fast can I get a COI?
We work with 20 plus commercial truck insurance companies to help you find the best commercial truck insurance rates. Our carriers have high AM Best Ratings. Our fleet pricing starts at 3 trucks and we specialize in fleet size with 3 to 30 power units
Navigating owner operator truck Semi Truck Insurance can be time consuming and sometimes even overwhelming. Who do you trust your lively hood to help you find the most affordable commercial truck insurance rates? And at the same time making sure you have the correct coverages in place which will respond in your favor if a claim is filed.
All our company offers is commercial truck insurance. Our goal is work one on one with our clients to help them achieve these goals.
Our customer service is second to none. Never miss a load because you could not get a fast COI. We offer free 24/7 COIs.
We make this simple and have a fast response time.
No matter if you are a seasoned trucking operation hauling UIIA intermodal or you are looking to expand the cargo you are hauling. We have markets to help you either way.
Your agent should have a network of commercial truck insurance companies who offer the correct UIIA endorsements on your policy?
Does your policy have the CA 2317 endorsement? What chassis pools are your working with? If you work with an EP that in not on the UIIA EP list. How is this handled? For example, Direct Chassis. Does your trailer interchange offer the same coverage as non-owned trailer coverage? Do you have the correct blanket AI and WOS endorsements? Do I need workers compensation? Can I work ports and rails? Is there a radius limit? You do not want to buy a commercial truck insurance policy only to find out it will not offer the correct UIIA coverages.
Shopping for the Semi Truck Insurance for a New Authority can be task that never seems to end. You get phone call after phone call. And in many cases each agent you speak with may have a different story concerning what type of coverages you need and what is a good price. Chances are most new authorities shop for the best price. You want the least expensive but buying based upon price only could cost you more money in the long run. What if you buy insurance for your new authority based upon price only? Then find out shortly after you have paid your deposit and your policy is in place. The agent who sold you this policy did not tell you the restrictions your commercial truck insurance company has in place. They may not offer coverage for certain types of cargo or may restrict your growth. There are many pitfalls for buying just based upon price. It is good to shop and compare quotes, but do it based upon price and the know the restrictions that maybe enforced by the carrier. Not knowing these restrictions could get your policy cancelled. Or you may have to cancel the policy yourself to get insurance coverage with another carrier. Either way this could put you back to ground zero and cost you money. Talk with an agent at JDW Truckers Insurance who will help you shop for the best price with the correct coverages.
Semi Truck Insurance Quotes Calabasas, California
There can be a wide variety of trucking insurance options to choose from for your trucking operation in Calabasas, California.
The goal is not to underinsured which could lead to a claim not being paid fully paid or not at all. While at the same time not being over insured which could drain your cash reserves. Our agents at JDW Truckers Insurance will work with you one on one to help you build the right policy to suit your needs and respond when needed at affordable rates that fit your budget.
Primary Liability Insurance Semi Truck Insurance
- Your primary liability will be the major cost for your trucking insurance policy. Although the FMCAS can only require $750,000 in most cases shippers will require $1,000,000 in primary liability insurance coverage before they will allow you to pick up loads.
- Primary liability insurance covers damages to third parties for bodily injury and physical damage to others property in the event of an accident.
- In most cases this is a low cost add on to your primary liability insurance to cover medical expenses.
PIP – Personal Injury Protection
- Some states require this coverage and, in many cases, can reduce the need for Medical Pay.
- Personal injury protection (PIP), also known as no-fault insurance, covers medical expenses and lost wages of you and your passengers if you’re injured in an accident. PIP coverage protects you regardless of who is at fault.
- If you’re hit by a driver with no insurance…
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury (UMBI) may pay medical bills for both you and your passengers.
- Uninsured motorist property damage (UMPD) may pay for damage to your vehicle.
- If you’re hit by a driver with not enough insurance…
- Underinsured motorist bodily injury (UIMBI) may pay medical bills for both you and your passengers
- Underinsured motorist property damage (UIMPD) may pay for damage to your vehicle
Motor Truck Cargo Semi Truck Insurance
- MTC or Cargo insurance provides insurance on the freight or commodity hauled by a for-hire trucker. It covers your liability for cargo that is lost or damaged due to causes like fire, collision or striking of a load.
- If your load is accidentally dumped on a roadway or waterway, some cargo forms offer Removal Expenses coverage pays for removing debris or extracting pollutants caused by the debris. And can also pay for costs related to preventing further loss to damaged cargo through Sue and Labor Coverage and legal expenses in the defense or settlement of claims. Another option is Earned Freight Coverage to cover freight charges the customer loses because of an undelivered load.
- Cargo insurance deductibles can be set at $1,000, $2,500, $5,00 or even higher if you are self-insured.
- Cargo coverage limits are normally set at $100,00 but some shippers may have higher requirements depending on the cargo you are hauling.
- Cargo policies can have exclusions stating what cargo it will or will not cover.
Trucking Physical Damage Insurance (PD)
- Physical damage insurance coverages are designed to pay for losses to your equipment and damages to others equipment. (Others equipment must be listed on your policy).
- If you own or lease equipment. You may be required to have PD by bank or leasing company to carry a set amount of physical damage insurance and name them as a Loss Payee.
- PD can also cover damage to others equipment you are in possession of if the coverage is listed on your policy. An example would be non-owned trailer insurance coverage.
- Deductibles for physical damage range from $1,000 to $5,000.
- Required deductibles. If you have a loan on your equipment or it is leased. They bank or leasing company may have a minimum deductible you can have on your physical damage policy.
Non-Owned Trailer Insurance vs Trailer Interchange (TI)
- Both are insurance coverages are designed to cover damage to others trailers.
- Deductibles for either can range from $1,000 to $5,000.
- Coverage limits for either can range from $25,000 and up depending on the requirements of the company and/or shipper freight you are hauling for.
The difference between Non-Owned Trailer coverage and Trail Interchange coverage
- Non-owned trailer insurance covers physical damage to the trailer only when attached to a truck. And no written agreement is place.
- Trailer Interchange requires a written trailer interchange agreement to be in place. It can provide protection when you have care, custody and control of one, or many, trailers. Whether the trailer is attached to your truck or not.
Excess Liability Insurance
- Excess liability can sometimes be called umbrella insurance.
- The excess liability policy sits on top of your primary liability policy.
- For example, if you have $1,000,000 in primary lability coverage and you have a claim which exceeds the policy limit of $1,000,000. In most cases that is all the insurance carriers will try to pay out for a claim.
- Excess policy coverage starts at $1,000,000 and go up.
- So, let’s say you say you purchased a $1,000,000 excess policy. Now if you have a claim that is $1,500,000. Your primary would pay the first $1,000,000 and your excess would pay the remaining.
General Liability Insurance for Truckers Semi Truck Insurance
- General liability insurance for truckers should not be confused with primary liability for truckers.
- Similar to primary liability. General liability offers coverages to pay for physical damage to other and/or bodily injury to others. BUT there is a difference between the two.
- For example, if you are loading or unloading and you cause injury to someone or their property this is when the general liability policy would respond.
- The actions of a driver while representing the insured and on the premises of others, such as loading docks and truck stops
- General Liability is normally offered $1,000,00 per occurrence and $2,000,00 aggregate. What does this mean?
- It the insurance company will pay up to $1,000,000 for any one claim and no more than $2,000,000 per year for the total of all claims.
- General liability can be required by shippers and other companies such as the UIIA and flatbed operations.
- If there is any chance you might be involved in loading or unloading. General Liability is relatively inexpensive and is an advised coverage.
Semi Truck Insurance Calabasas, California