Running a trucking operation can be complex when you need to have commercial truck insurance coverages in a package. At JDW Truck Insurance we can help you get the right commercial truck insurance requirements in place at affordable commercial truck insurance rates to help you cover your operation from top to bottom and help eliminate gaps in your coverage.
Commercial Truck Insurance Coverages Options
Commercial Truck Insurance Requirements Cargo
The standard commercial truck insurance requirements for cargo is $100k. This can change depending on the type of cargo you haul. For example: Hazmat cargo insurance can be higher as well as auto hauler. And then if you are hauling heavy equipement or oversize loads. The commercial truck insurance requirements for the cargo you are hauling may be higher.
Knowing the correct commercial truck insurance requirements for the cargo you haul is very important. Some brokers / shippers may not accept certain a cargo policy from certain insurance comnpanies. You do not wish to buy a cargo policy which is not accepted. This could cost you money. JDW Truck Insurance can help you get the correct cargo insurance policy in place.
Motor Truck Cargo Insurance
When your products are being shipped from manufacturer to marketplace, it is important to ensure they are fully protected from departure to arrival. Cargo insurance provides financial assistance should cargo be damaged or lost when travelling by land, sea or air. It can also limit a commercial operation’s exposure to liability resulting from the shipment of products.
Coverage Details and Features
- Flexible limits to meet all needs
- Refrigeration coverage
- Breakdown coverage
- Loading and unloading
- Rigging exposures
- Interstate and intrastate filings available
- Nationwide coverage available
Truck Insurance General Liability
General liability can protect you when you are involved in any uploading and unloading. And is general liability for truckers can be required by some companies you haul for:
- If you are hauliing flatbed with steel or coils. The broker / shipper may require you have general liability.
- If you are hauling Amazon Trailers. In most cases Amazon will require you to carry general liability for truckers.
Primary Liability Insurance Truck Insurance Requirements
- What Primary Liability does not cover: Theft is not covered. Nor is your bodily injury or damage to your truck. If a slip and fall accident occurs at your place of business will be covered by a truckers general liability policy and not your primary liability insurance policy.
- What does Primary Liability Insurance cover: Primary insurance is required to be in place to protect the public. Primary Insurance will be your main truck insurance coverage. This coverage will cover and pay for damage which result bodily injury and property damage to others cause by your truck while it is on the road.
The minimum amount of primary liability is set by the FMSCA.
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of 10,000+ pounds:
- $750,000– Most trucks hauling most commodities are required to have a minimum of $750,000 of coverage. Many load brokers will require a minimum of $1,000,000.
- $1,000,000– Auto haulers need a minimum of $1,000,000 in coverage. One million in coverage is becoming an industry standard across other hauled commodities too.
- $5,000,000– If you are hauling certain hazardous materials, you’ll need a minimum of $5,000,000 in coverage.
Commercial Truck Physical Damage Insurance
Generally physical damage to an automobile results from colliding with another object or the overturning of the vehicle. However, fire, explosion, theft, vandalism, malicious mischief, windstorm, hail, earthquake or floods can also cause physical damage to commercial vehicles. To limit the exposure to costly repairs, physical damage insurance can be tailored by specific peril or named peril coverage.
Coverage Details and Features
- Can handle a large range of accounts
- Flexible deductibles
- Combined deductibles available on packages
- Packages Available with Motor Truck Cargo and/or Auto Liability
- Reporting form options available for larger accounts
- In select cases, interest free payment plans available
- Admitted and non-admitted policies available
- Coverage varies by risk and need
Additional coverages available with select carriers
- Downtime loss of expense coverage
- Electronic equipment coverage
- Loan or lease gap coverage
- Towing coverage options available
- Diminishing deductible
- Personal effect coverage
- On board expendable supplies
Truckers Workers Compensation and/or Occupational Accident
The trucking industry is unique, and requires an insurance provider who understands the industry and the challenges presented by an almost exclusively mobile workforce. Midwestern Insurance Alliance is that provider. We are deeply entrenched in the trucking industry and can help your trucking clients effectively manage their workers’ compensation exposures.
- Fuel Haulers / Propane Dealers
The fuel and propane industry is unique, and requires an insurance provider that understands the industry and the challenges presented by and almost exclusively mobile workforce and the dealing of hazardous materials. Midwestern Insurance Alliance is that provider. We are deeply entrenched in the transportation industry and can help your fuel / propane clients effectively manage their workers’ compensation exposures
- Courier / Parcel Delivery
The parcel delivery industry is unique and requires an insurance provider who understand the industry and the challenges presented by an almost exclusively mobile workforce. Midwestern Insurance Alliance is that provider. We are deeply entrenched in the parcel delivery industry and can help your clients effectively manage their workers’ compensation exposures.
Construction industry risks require underwriters, safety professionals, and claims specialists with knowledge, experience and a commitment to understand the unique facets of each business and deliver solutions. Those traits, coupled with a Midwestern’s broad appetite in this market, and a strong focus on risk management make Midwestern’s contractor program superior.
According to the BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics), the logging industry has one of the highest rates of occupational fatalities and requires an insurance provider who has underwriters, safety professionals, and claims specialists with knowledge, experience and commitment to understand the unique facets of a logging risk. Those traits, coupled with Midwestern’s innovative approach to providing Occupational Accident coverage to the log hauling owner operators makes Midwestern’s logging program superior.
- Wood Products
From processing of raw materials to finished product, Midwestern is able to provide coverage for your clients and prospects.
The towing industry is unique and requires an insurance provider who understand the industry and the challenges presented by an almost exclusively mobile workforce. Midwestern Insurance Alliance is that provider. We are deeply entrenched in the transportation industry and can help your towing clients effectively manage their workers’ compensation exposures.
- Commercial Roofing
Midwestern developed a Commercial Roofing program to leverage the company’s underwriting, claims and loss control expertise dealing with severity exposures over the last 25 years. With Midwestern’s consistency and expertise in the workers compensation market, roofing contractors can feel confident that they will receive superior service and a reliable long term product from Midwestern Insurance Alliance.
- Consumer Recycling
From pick up to processing to sales of recycled consumer materials, Midwestern is able to provide coverage for your agency prospects in the Consumer Materials Recycling industry.
- We can help you if:
- If we are writing or going to write your prmiary liability policy for your trucks? No minimum number of trucks or employees if we are –
- If we are not writing your primary liabilty policy. Then you must have at least 10 employee or a minimum payroll for at least $200k .
JDW Commercial Truck Insurance Quotes
WE KNOW TRUCKING