Some of our Trucking Programs include:
- Scheduled Vehicles
- Mileage Based Programs
- Gross Revenue Policies
- All endorsements and COI requests are handle in-house by our dedicated team.
- Safety consulting through our carriers and third party.
- Variety of payment options.
- Self-insured retention policies.
- High Risk
- Rapid Growth
- Cancelled / Non-Renewed
- Comprehensive packages for your insurance needs.
Eligible Classes for our Fleet Insurance Trucking Programs but not limited to:
- Dry Van
- Refrigerated Goods
- Hazmat (all classes)
- Flatbed Haulers
- Non-Hazardous Liquid Commodities
- Box Trucks
- And many more.
JDW Truck Insurance
- All we offer is truck insurance.
- We have dedicated in-house underwriters to help you with your applications. Our goal is to get you as many quotes as possible.
- We work with 25 plus commercial truck insurance companies. Our team is well respected by the trucking insurance companies. They know we shop and compare for our clients to help them find the right coverage at the best commercial truck insurance rates.
- We are easy to contact.
- Our customer service is second to none.
- Our knowledge of the commercial truck insurance markets is second to none.
JDW Truck Insurance can shop and compare to help you find the right coverages at affordable prices
Most New Authorities will need a combination of these options. We will help you choose the correct ones:
- Primary liability – $1M required by most shippers
- Cargo – $100k required by most shippers
- Physical Damage to protect your truck and trailers.
- Trailer exchange or non-owned trailer physical damage can be required in cases where you are power only.
- General liability if required we can also help you get your general liability policy in place. Some of those you haul for will require $1 million / $2 million in coverage such as Amazon.
Hazmat Insurance for Truckers
- Class 1 – Explosives
- Class 2 – Gases
- Class 3 – Flammable Liquid
- Class 4 – Flammable Solid
- Class 5 – Oxidizing Substances ; Organic Peroxides
- Class 6 – Poisonous (Toxic) and Infectious Substances
- Class 7 – Radioactive Material
- Class 8 – Corrosives
- Class 9 – Miscellaneous Dangerous Goods
- Petroleum Haulers
- Crude Oil Haulers
- Propane Distribution
- Petroleum Jobbers
- Heating Oil Delivery
- Chemical Haulers
- Liquid Nitrogen Haulers
- Explosives Haulers (Class 1.1-1.5)
- Terminal Coverage
Cargo Insurance for Hazmat Haulers
A.1., paragraph a. of the CA9948 endorsement, the endorsement says that the coverage provided by CA9948 applies except for liability assumed under a contact or agreement. In other words, if the crash had a pollution spill caused by the insured’s negligence, the CA9948 endorsement would provide coverage. But if the pollution event was caused by the shipper loading the load and the load escaped because of the negligence of the shipper loading the load, there would not be coverage for the shipper even if the insured held the shipper harmless (in an insured contract). The endorsement provides coverage to the insured but not to any other negligent party even if the insured agreed to under a written agreement to hold them harmless.
To address the possible need of the Transportation Pollution stand-alone policy would be if the insured held someone harmless for their negligence, the CA9948 would not consider the agreement an insured contract but the stand alone policy might. I say might because not all Transportation Pollution stand-alone policies are uniform.
One other consideration, even if the individual who is a motor carrier holds a customer (shipper) harmless if the contract is subject to state laws where the law has an anti-indemnification provision (42 states have such laws – all but Mississippi, Ohio, Delaware, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont and New Hampshire) the contract cannot be enforceable because of state laws.
Other possible needs for a stand-alone Transportation Pollution policy (remember policy wording could be different) if the insured has other responsibilities beyond transportation like loading and unloading with a mechanical device not attached to the covered auto, flatbed operation hauling 55 gallon drums of oil, motor carrier is required to unload the drums and uses a forklift and while unloading the forklift turns over and drum hits the ground and opens and oil escapes. An AL policy with CA9948 would not address because of Exclusions 7 and 8 – GL would not address because insured brought the oil to the accident location, so stand-alone policy could address loss. If insured has any responsibility beyond hauling the load, has any contractual responsibility and is under a state law without anti-indemnification provision then the stand-alone policy would be needed.
Lastly, of course if the AL carrier would not provide the CA9948 endorsement, the stand-alone policy would be needed.
Is it worth looking into a stand-alone pollution policy? Probably – Would it provide protection that CA9948 does not – Maybe, but depending on the wording of the stand-alone policy, the availability and or cost of the CA9948 endorsement or if the insured does more than provide transportation.
By: Tommy Ruke
Intermodal UIIA Truck Insurance Quotes
- Auto Liability – $1,000,000 limit with excess up to $5,000,000.
- General Liability – $1,000,000 limit with excess up to $5,000,000
- Trailer Interchange Agreement – from $20,000 with excess up to $100,000.
- Broad Cargo Coverage – limits up to $1,000,000.
- Non Trucking Liability – up to $1,000,000 written on policy as needed.
- Terminal and Container Yard Coverage – $100,000 limit with excess up to $5,000,000.
- Warehouseman’s Liability – $2,000,000 with excess up to $10,000,000.
High Risk Commercial Truck Insurance Quotes
- Large shock losses
- Multiple alerts
- Truck insurance cancellations by current provider
- Conditional safety ratings
- High CSA scores
- High SMS scores
- High out of service percentages (OOS)
- Elevated CAB scores
- High loss frequency
- Driver experience
- Newly licensed drivers
- New venture truck insurance
- Poor credit scores
- State assigned risk pool
- High risk cargo
- SR22 insurance